Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Films that I like

May not be the ones that you like. And when I say that I mean it. My friends can vouch for it. In fact, I once was given the good job of writing reviews. Believe me, I did torture many a poor souls. Every time I raved about a film, it managed to bomb at the box office. Sigh! Here. I was trying to save the producer's world from sinking ... giving the film 4 stars and all, but it was of no use. But I couldn't match public opinion. I never do, I should have known it was the wrong job for me! Anyways, lesson learnt :)
I guess, for me criticism is always positive. Yes, it isn't a word I take negatively. Who made the rule that criticism is only negative.? Back in college, my English lecturer drilled it in to our heads that criticism did not mean the wrongs in a work.
I have believed that for several reasons than one. I mean we had to critique Wordsworth, Byron and the likes of them, so it was really difficult to say what they did wrong — apart from their meter, I still don't understand that talk of iambic meter and blah!
Now about film and writing reviews, I don't do it anymore. Okay, listen, not because I gave 4 plus to all flicks I watched, but I changed jobs. So, that is that. But friends and family are grateful that I don't get to impose my likes on them. At least when it comes to films.
About the films I like, Saawariya by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and ... ok, don't frown! I simply adore that film. I know, you hated the blue-green colour scheme and just about every thing in the film. But, I don't want to know.
The other film that I really like is Delhi-6 by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra. I didn't mind the kaala bandar ... just by the way :)
Well, I have been wanting to write a long really long review for Saawariya and now Delhi-6, and if I get the time (at work) I will definitely write an elaborate one. Yes, with all the space in world wide web at my disposal I'm going to write about every tiny detail in the two films.
All you unfaithful friends who can't understand my obsession with the kind of films I like, well, just skip the space and come back later.

No comments: